Wednesday, March 4, 2026

Such a Treat!

 Post here over the last six months has been erratic and sluggish but I had a really lovely surprise last week.  The door bell gave it's cheerful chime and I opened to door to see a package on my porch wall.  Oooh books!  These had been sent to me by my lovely, kind blog buddy Gill πŸ˜€


Decisions, decisions......I think my first read will be The Last Dinner at Wisteria House followed by A Very French Affair but I'm looking forward to reading them all at some point as we seem to have very similar tastes in books.  I have enough to keep me reading for a couple of months at least😊

What are you reading at the moment?

----------

Thanks for popping in.  Stay safe and well wherever you happen to be,

Angie πŸ’—

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful treat! You have a very kind blog friend there. :) I'm currently reading a book about a family who survived WWII and the Holocaust in hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Lots of great reads there. I am reading fluff right now as my head is too stuffed to read anything remotely serious or that I need to use my brain on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful gift. I am currently reading Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe who is an African writer. This is our Book Group choice for this month. Something I would not have selected but I am enjoying it very much. That's why I joined a Book Group to take me out of my "comfort zone" reading and I have read some great books none of which I would have chosen but have really enjoyed. I might add there have also been some real stinkers! Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to open the door to a parcel of books, I have one pre-ordered book arriving later today but it's not the same as getting five from a friend is it.

    I am currently reading Stanley Tucci's 'What I Ate in a Year (... and related thoughts)'. It's proving to be very good, I purposefully picked a book written in a diary format to get me back into reading as February saw me not reading a single book.

    ReplyDelete

Cooling off, bargains, saga and sport!

The past week seems to have been all about sport and trying to cool off.  Nights have been sticky, despite the fans in the bedrooms and slee...