Friday, December 13, 2024

A Reprieve....such a relief!



My trusty little VW Fox  went in for its annual MOT on Tuesday.  I gave her a little lecture about staying calm and behaving, and explained it would be just like me having my dental checkup.  Nothing to worry about 😊 (yes, I know I'm becoming eccentric 😜). A few hours later I had a phone call to say that she had failed......... .but only on the windscreen wipers! It would cost under £20 to put her right and they could do it there and then as they had some  wipers in stock.  Phew 😓 The total cost was £68.37 and I'm officially roadworthy for another year.  Such a relief.....

Oh, and they did a free health check on my battery for peace of mind. It's 90% so no worries there. 

The staff at the garage are so lovely and never let me tip them in cash so I took a box of biscuits for them to enjoy with their mugs of tea. Sean was happy to accept those 😂 and I was happy to say a big thank you in that way.

As my Fox is now 14 years old I've splashed the cash from savings to pay for local recovery insurance for 12 months. £33.49 gives me a years worth of not worrying about breaking down anywhere. I don't travel far but would be able to summon help if I did break down.  Well worth the cost, I think.

Do you have breakdown insurance?

Have you needed to use it recently? 

Thanks so much for popping in and stay safe wherever you happen to be, 

Angie ❤️

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your old girl getting through her MOT, it's always a relief isn't it. I just needed a rear wiper this year, but luckily it had shredded before I went in for the MOT so I replaced it myself first and my boy passed, yes my Fiat 500 is a boy. :-)

    I do have breakdown insurance, AA Gold membership. Alan never used to when we first met then his car died on the motorway, it cost him £350 just to be taken to a garage!! So I added him to mine after that, I've not had to call them out for about 4 years, but I still consider it money well spent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £350 wow! It was definitely money well spent then. I know I don't travel far but I have a dread of being stuck down a little lane in the pouring rain or, worse still, in the snow. My old girl is serving me well :)
      Yay! to your Fiat being a boy ...lol...

      Delete

Cooling off, bargains, saga and sport!

The past week seems to have been all about sport and trying to cool off.  Nights have been sticky, despite the fans in the bedrooms and slee...