Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Swapping & Sharing Produce, Craft Update...

 At the allotment we often get offered some produce to try, a new variety perhaps, or something we don't grow ourselves.  In return we share our own produce too.  Our rhubarb is popular as it produces absolutely masses every year.  One plot neighbour often gives us blackberries or plums that he's grown in abundance and we offer raspberries and apples to him as well as others.  It's lovely to share.

We take home bags of our own veg and it gets shared with 2 lovely neighbours, my brother and our daughter too.  It's so satisfying, although the offerings have been on the thin side this year.  We've lost so much stuff.  Even our runner beans have refused to flourish.  We might have to rethink what we grow next year.....

--------------




A quick update on my cards for the Hospice shop....I'm off to drop in another 17 today making a total of 316 so far this year.  The little knitting themed cards always do well but take longer to make so I can only make a couple in every batch.  I will soon need to begin the Christmas cards 🤯🎄🎅I really hope the weather cools soon so that I can begin them......

Is it too soon to think about Christmas? 🤔

--------------

Stay safe and well everyone wherever you happen to be,

Angie 💗


Edit:  Just back from our outing and there were just 3 cards left in the basket.  They are still selling well 😊 I'll keep on going !

1 comment:

  1. It's a barren year for the garden, my runner beans have just started flowering, I've not much hope.

    ReplyDelete

Swapping & Sharing Produce, Craft Update...

  At the allotment we often get offered some produce to try, a new variety perhaps, or something we don't grow ourselves.  In return we ...