Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Feeling Blessed, Feeling Cool, Rain at Last!

 Today, Tuesday, I feel truly blessed.  It's 21C and feels so much cooler that I feel more like myself at last.  We had rain overnight, from midnight onwards according to Gray who lay in bed listening to it fall, and it's put a few inches of precious water into our water butts. 

Yesterday, we went to the allotment to pull some carrots....


..... and this morning I picked cucumbers and peppers from our little greenhouse at home. The single tomato is from the Crimson Crush plant.  We've never grown it before and won't bother again because all the fruit has split or remained 'greenback' despite consistent watering.  They are only useful for cooking with.....
 


The second reason for feeling blessed is that the fridge is full to bursting!  There are so many bits and pieces to use up that I won't be placing a grocery order next week, at least until we've eaten all the bits and I can actually see some gaps! It really needs a good sort out, doesn't it. Everything in the box at the bottom is home grown produce and in the left hand corner of the bottom shelf is a bag of 6 corn cobs.  Yes!  We beat the badgers to the corn this year!  There are still some to ripen on the far side of the bed in the top photo, which we are hoping will still be there in a few days.  We've tried one cob and it was delicious......




There are jams and pickles in the door along with some cheeses and I'm aiming to use up some of the jam so that I can give the jars to Andrea Drury when Howard's lectures begin again in September.  She makes lovely jams and marmalades to sell at the lectures for the McMillan Nurses charity......



I began the day with muesli, homegrown raspberries and a dollop of Greek style yogurt.  A perfect start to the day 😋......


Another reason to feel blessed is that in an hour or so our Daughter and Granddaughter are coming for lunch.  There will be sausage buns with home grown onions gently sauteed to a golden goodness 👍

------------------

Thanks so much for popping in.

How are you feeling today?

Stay safe and well wherever you happen to be,

Angie 💗


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling Blessed, Feeling Cool, Rain at Last!

  Today, Tuesday, I feel truly blessed.  It's 21C and feels so much cooler that I feel more like myself at last.  We had rain overnight,...