Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Normal Service Will Be Resumed ASAP....



 Some of you will have noticed that I've been absent from my blog for about 3 weeks ( or maybe no-one has noticed ! 😂)  Anyway, I've not been feeling well.  Perhaps it's been the heat which has made me listless, but I've had no energy and have been unable to concentrate on anything much.  My 'Burning Mouth Syndrome' has still been bothering me (some days worse than others) making me irritable and downright miserable at times.  My vitamin levels are now back to normal but I took a phone call  from the pharmacy last week to say that my cholesterol levels are still elevated with a total of 7 and they are prescribing Statins.  The side effects could be indigestion and achy muscles (both of which I already suffer from) and I'm unsure whether or not to take them, especially the way I feel at the moment.  In addition, I've had a slight headache for the last 3 days and don't want to introduce any other symptoms into the mix.  I'll wait until I feel a bit better before deciding.  Meanwhile, I'm paying more attention to diet, drinking a Benecol drink and carrying on with using Benecol spread on sandwiches whilst I'm deciding.  

I've still been crafting my cards for the Hospice, but have no energy for anything else.....

I know in the scheme of things that our British weather isn't on the scale of other countries.  The wildfires around Europe are horrendous and very frightening.

Does the weather affect your mood too?  How do you cope?

Stay well and safe , wherever in the world you happen to be,

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Angie 💗


11 comments:

  1. I have missed you. Hot weather makes my ankles swell and turns me into a bit of a grouch.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things are OK Angie. Missing you in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered if you were ok. I'm not enjoying this heat, I don't feel ill but definitely not right. I got very headachy, but after drinking more fluids solved that problem. When OH was prescribed statins, he had chest pains, and the Dr did check him over, but as I told him you have to persevere for at least a month, fortunately everything settled down and he's been ok, BUT they have upped the dosage. Take care. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. It's so difficult in the hot weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you have been feeling poorly. The heat just makes everything feel too much effort and it makes me feel ill too. I was put on statins after I had a spinal infarction 8 years ago. I have to say I have suffered no side effects at all and my cholesterol levels are right down. I did not want to take them but a wonderful doctor who I trusted talked to me in great detail highlighting the benefits and I have been fine. Hope you feel better soon. Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that you have been feeling so bad. The current high temperatures in the UK exacerbate a lot of ailments. I know my back has been twice as bad as usual for instance. So all your problems will be so much harder to cope with.

    Don't worry about blogging, just look after yourself. I commented yesterday asking if you were okay as I realised that you had been missing for a while

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you are OK ish. The heat seems to be relentless this year - and I used to enjoy it - this getting older thing is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd noticed your absence & hoped you were OK. I've been on the lowest dose of statins for 15yrs & had no problems whatsoever. Husband however was prescribed his first dose a couple of months ago & only took 2 tablets- he got racing heart, headache, etc, so he's refused them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope you feel better soon and the temperatures cool down. It's only 93F (33C) here, today, and I'm quite comfortable with the fan on. We are expecting to go up to 103F (about 39C) over the weekend. I was on statin for several years, but, my doctor took me off of it. I didn't feel any side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear that you have been unwell, Angie. Just take all the time you need to get right. The weather has not helped with the excessive heat and closeness/ lack of moving air. Cooler here today but looking at the forecast still no rain, which we really need.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popping by to say I am still thinking of you and sending my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Feeling Blessed, Feeling Cool, Rain at Last!

  Today, Tuesday, I feel truly blessed.  It's 21C and feels so much cooler that I feel more like myself at last.  We had rain overnight,...